The Low Carbon Hub is a social enterprise that’s out to prove we can meet our energy needs in a way that’s good for people and the planet.
The days of fossil fuels are numbered. The shift to renewable generation is gaining pace and gives us the opportunity to reshape the way we manage our energy.
By the end of 2021 we need to raise £3 million to strengthen and grow clean, renewable energy generation in Oxfordshire. We have an initial target raise of £1.5 million by 31 March 2021. By investing in the Community Energy Fund, you will help us to:
- Build Ray Valley Solar, a 19 MW ground mount solar park, three miles from Bicester
- Continue to develop roof-mounted solar PV arrays on buildings across Oxfordshire.
Low Carbon Hub in Oxford is one of the most important community energy organisations in the UK. It’s poised to start a revolution in the way we develop and use our energy.Jonathan Porritt CBECo-Founder, Forum for the Future
The latest Hub news
- News storyOur Community Energy Fund has now re-opened for new investment. With your help, we can make an energy system that works for all of us, and for the planet, a reality. Find out more below, or invest in the Community Energy Fund now. Deadline: 31 March 2021Target raise: £1.5 million Minimum investment: £100Maximum investment: £100,000Interest rate: 5%…Find out more
Coalition For Healthy Streets And Active Travel: creating accessible, attractive, and people-friendly streetsCoalition For Healthy Streets And Active Travel (CoHSAT) project summary The Coalition for Healthy Streets and Active Travel (CoHSAT) is a group of voluntary and campaigning organisations working across Oxfordshire to create attractive, accessible and people-friendly streets. They are working to promote efficient, active, low carbon and sustainable travel, which will reduce traffic, air pollution…Find out more
- ProgrammeThe complete energy efficiency service helping organisations lower their energy use, while saving time and money Energy Solutions Oxfordshire (ESOx) is a one-stop service, making it simple for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Oxfordshire to undertake energy efficiency improvements to make assured savings on their energy bills, reduce their carbon emissions, and improve the…Find out more
Invest in a better energy future
- News storyAnd we’re so grateful for your support We’re absolutely thrilled to announce that yesterday evening (9 June 2020) we met our £1.5 million target for new investment in our Community Energy Fund. A huge thank you to those of you who have invested and put your money to work tackling climate change! This does mean…Find out more