The Low Carbon Hub is a social enterprise that’s out to prove we can meet our energy needs in a way that’s good for people and the planet.
The days of fossil fuels are numbered. The shift to renewable generation is gaining pace and gives us the opportunity to reshape the way we manage our energy.
By the end of 2021 we need to raise £3 million to strengthen and grow clean, renewable energy generation in Oxfordshire. Our initial target raise of £1.5 million was met in record time of just nine weeks. Now we’ve extended our target to reach £2.5 million of new investment by 31 March 2021. By investing in the Community Energy Fund, you will help us to:
- Build Ray Valley Solar, a 19 MW ground mount solar park, three miles from Bicester
- Continue to develop roof-mounted solar PV arrays on buildings across Oxfordshire.
Low Carbon Hub in Oxford is one of the most important community energy organisations in the UK. It’s poised to start a revolution in the way we develop and use our energy.Jonathan Porritt CBECo-Founder, Forum for the Future
The latest Hub news
- News storyWe are looking to recruit a Chief Technical Officer (CTO) to lead on devising and delivering our strategy for a zero carbon energy system at the local level. Our goal is clear: a zero-carbon energy system by 2050. We see our role as catalysts of innovation and our ethos is being community focused, collaborative and…Find out more
- ProjectSustainable Charlbury applied successfully for a £5000 large grant from Low Carbon Hub to assess the energy efficiency and heat loss of a group of homes in Charlbury. The tests on The Green are part of a much bigger, more long term project to build up a picture of the energy efficiency of every house…Find out more
- ProgrammeThe complete energy efficiency service helping organisations lower their energy use, while saving time and money Energy Solutions Oxfordshire (ESOx) is a one-stop service, making it simple for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Oxfordshire to undertake energy efficiency improvements to make assured savings on their energy bills, reduce their carbon emissions, and improve the…Find out more
Invest in a better energy future
- News storyWe’re delighted to announce that we met our £1.5 million of new investment into the Community Energy Fund in record time in just nine weeks. Thank you to everyone who has invested in the Community Energy Fund so far and has shown their support for community energy and putting their money to work tackling climate…Find out more