Climate change is a global crisis that needs local solutions. We invite you to invest in the Community Energy Fund and become part of the solution.Barbara HammondLow Carbon Hub CEO
Our Community Energy Fund has now re-opened for new investment. With your help we can make an energy system that works for all of us, and for the planet, a reality. Find out more below, or invest in the Community Energy Fund now.
Deadline: 10 June 2020
Target raise: £1.5 million
Minimum investment: £250
Maximum investment: £100,000
Interest rate: 5% (capped at 4% for the first 5 years)
What is the Low Carbon Hub’s Community Energy Fund?
Concerned about climate change and want to do something to help? As we outlined in a previous post, investing your money in a positive way can be a great action to take against climate change. Our Community Energy Fund is one such opportunity.
We’ve been raising investment through Share Offers since 2016, supporting the development of specific projects, such as Sandford Hydro in 2016, with interest rates tied to the performance of that project.
In 2018 we launched the Community Energy Fund. The Fund allows investors to invest in a portfolio of projects which will change over time – but always support our mission of accelerating the transition to a zero carbon energy system. We aim to open the Fund annually, giving a regular opportunity for investors to support our work.
Today we re-opened the Community Energy Fund to new investors. We’re aiming for a target raise of £1.5 million, and we need your help to reach this. Take a look at our 2020 Share Offer Document for all the details on our funding needs and more.
What are the benefits of investing in the Community Energy Fund?
When you invest in our Community Energy Fund, you become an Investor Member and co-owner of the Low Carbon Hub IPS Limited. That means you join a community of over 1000 investors who are putting their money to work tackling climate change and doing social good, whilst receiving a financial return.
The benefits of investing in the Low Carbon Hub include:
- Earn up to 5% interest on your investment*
- Help fund more solar panels on schools and organisations across Oxfordshire
- Keep money in the local economy through community ownership
- Tackle the global issue of climate change on a local level
- 100% of our surpluses support further local action on climate change.
* capped at 4% for the first four years of investment.
How do I make an investment in the Community Energy Fund?
Step 1: Read our Share Offer Document and supporting documents to ensure you have all the information and details you need to make the decision to invest
Step 2: Head over to the Ethex (the investment platform we use) website to invest online.
Step 3: If you have any questions or issues, you can always email our Investor Support Coordinator on email@example.com.
- News storyWe’re all trying to do our bit to tackle the climate crisis, with our time, our choices, and our money. When it comes to how we use our money, we commonly think of how our spending influences climate change, taking actions such as swapping to a renewable energy provider, choosing sustainably sourced fish, or opting…