Our Community Energy Fund is now open for new investment
This spring, we want to raise £1.5 million of new investment into the Community Energy Fund to allow us to
- continue to develop our portfolio of renewable energy generation projects including rooftop solar PV arrays, and developing ground mount solar sites to support Project LEO
- replace £200,000 of debt funding for Sandford Hydro.
You can find more information in our Share Offer Document.
What is the Community Energy Fund?
The Community Energy Fund is the investment opportunity that puts your money to work delivering local projects to tackle climate change and pays you interest in return for your support.
We use the money invested in the Fund to strengthen and grow our portfolio of community energy projects. As a result we generate more green energy, a sustainable income stream for our carbon-cutting community work, and can deliver ground-breaking collaborative partnerships to accelerate the transition to a zero carbon energy system. Since its inception in 2018, we’ve already raised over £1.5 million through the Community Energy Fund, bringing the total amount invested by our thousand strong membership to almost £6 million. Together, they are supporting over 40 community energy projects across Oxfordshire.
How to invest
First of all, make sure you read our Share Offer Document and supporting documentation (see below section) to ensure you have all the information you need to make a decision*.
If you’ve decided you’d like to invest in the Community Energy Fund, you’ll then need to head over to the Ethex website – the investment platform we use for our share offers – to invest online. Alternatively, you can fill in this paper application form, and return it to Ethex.
*Please note: Capital is at risk and returns are not guaranteed.
Supporting documents and additional information
- Share Offer Document
- The Community Energy Fund Guidelines
- Low Carbon Hub Business Plan
- Low Carbon Hub IPS Limited Rules
- Glossary of useful terms
- Paper application form – if you’d like us to send you a copy, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01865 546452
- Nomination to hold shares on behalf of children form – please note we cannot process this form online. If you wish to hold shares on behalf of children, you must do this at the time of purchase.
Low Carbon Hub accounts:
Have a question?
If you have a question or would like to speak to someone about making an investment, please contact us on email@example.com or 01865 546452
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Ethex directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01865 403304.