Sonning Common Primary School
We are delighted to welcome Sonning Common Primary School as the 25th Low Carbon Hub Solar School. Sonning Common is the first school to be deployed in spite of recent reductions to the Feed in Tariff and we hope the shining example they have set, despite the recent drop in governmental support for renewables, will help encourage others to start powering up their communities.
The school is a OCC Maintained School located in South Oxfordshire and is used by almost 400 pupils The solar will accompany LED lighting, installed by the school a few years ago, and will further reduce the energy reliance of the school on the carbon intensive national grid. We are thrilled to be contributing to the ongoing process Sonning Common is undertaking towards a more low carbon future and to help them generate their own green electricity and teach their pupils about the importance of green energy and climate change.
Photos / map / Impact
- 23 kWp installed capacity
- 84 Solar panels
- 20,320 Annual generation (kWh)
- 20 Year agreement to host Low Carbon Hub solar PV project
- 24% of the school's electricity needs met on-site
- £11k estimated savings to the school
- ZERO cost to the school for the term of the project
- 183 Tonnes CO2 emissions to be saved over the project life
The panels look great ... they look like they've always been there and the process from start to finish was smooth, quick, easy and well-managed by Lowcarbonhub!
Ione Stacey, School Business Manager
Work with us
Adriano FigueiredoOperations Director