Do you know a trusted building professional based in Oxfordshire?
Cosy Homes Oxfordshire, a home retrofit service, has recently launched and we are seeking to register new building contractors (builders, architects, energy assessors, surveyors, and more) and Retrofit Coordinators to undertake energy efficiency improvement work across Oxfordshire. If you work within the construction industry or building trades, or know someone who does, then encourage them to sign up today.
Cosy Homes Oxfordshire is a pilot project aiming to help homeowners improve their homes to make them cosier, healthier and more energy efficient. Cutting the energy use of our homes can significantly cut our carbon footprint and help protect our heating planet too.
The project offers a ‘one-stop shop’ home retrofit service. The service begins with an assessment of your home, followed by a tailored whole house improvement plan and ends with a high-quality and robust home retrofit solution depending on your needs. Throughout the process an independent Retrofit Coordinator will keep a check on the quality of the work completed.
It is a collaboration between the Low Carbon Hub, RetrofitWorks and the National Energy Foundation.
RetrofitWorks is delivering the service in Oxfordshire. It is a ‘not for private profit’ co-operative that matches homeowners who want to improve the energy efficiency of their homes, with local, quality assured assessors and installers.
The project has attracted lots of interest since its launch and the partners are really encouraged by the positive response from homeowners. Therefore, RetrofitWorks are looking to recruit additional organisations to help deliver the service to meet this high level of interest and growing demand.
If you know someone who works within the construction industry as an installer, contractor, energy assessor, architect, designer, project manager, refurbishment specialist or similar, then tell them about this opportunity to become a Practitioner Member of RetrofitWorks and part of the Cosy Homes Delivery team.
Benefits of becoming a member:
- You become a shareholder in the cooperative, entitling you to offer your services to customers and other members, receive new opportunities to price and win work
- You will have voting rights, the right to stand on the Board of Directors, and therefore a possible profit share
- You will reach a new customer base for your business as we do the work to reach customers that suit you.
- You will reduce the time spent on admin. RetrofitWorks can produce Building Performance Specifications designed to help you quote for the work required easily, saving you time and resources.
Quality Assurance is an essential part of the Cosy Homes service and each Member will be asked to follow a Code of Conduct. Each job will be overseen by an independent Retrofit Coordinator to ensure that customer interests are protected and Quality Assurance is maintained.
How to join
To join RetrofitWorks as a Practitioner, you must first sign up to be an Associate (for a fee of £50).
RetrofitWorks will then send you information on upgrading your membership to Practitioner Membership. The fee for Practitioner membership is only charged when you, the contractor, have completed some work for us.
You can find out more about the RetrofitWorks model in this animation.
Be a Retrofit Coordinator
The project is also looking to recruit more Retrofit Coordinators to manage each job.
The role of the Retrofit Coordinator is to provide end-to-end project coordination and protect the Client’s interest.
They are responsible for overseeing the project from inception to completion, including consulting with the householder and agreeing the intended outcomes of the project. They also manage the risk assessment, the dwelling assessment, the retrofit design, installation, post-completion monitoring & evaluation, and ensuring and claiming compliance with PAS 2035.
To find out more please contact Geordie on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0330 123 1334.
- News storyWe are really pleased to announce we have led a winning consortium bid with the Department for Business, Energy and Industry Strategy (BEIS) to lay the foundations for developing a home retrofit scheme in Oxfordshire. Delivering the project will be the Low Carbon Hub, the National Energy Foundation which is already active in the county providing the…