Nettlebed school was ideally suited for a solar project, with a new school building with a perfect roof, and very committed environmental ethos within the school. Contact was initiated by their eco champion Lucy Papworth, and the school Governors and Head teacher were very supportive of the idea.
It is hoped the project will help inspire their 130 pupils, and the wider community - broadening awareness about the effectiveness and value of renewable energy. It also builds on their recent success, achieving the Bronze flag as part of the national Eco Schools programme.
Photos / map / Impact
- 29.9 kWp installed capacity
- 115 Solar panels
- 25,295 Annual generation (kWh)
- 20 year agreement to host Low Carbon Hub solar PV project
- 30 of the school's electricity needs met on-site
- 25% discount to the site on solar electricity purchased
- ZERO cost to the school for the term of the project
- 226 tonnes CO2 emissions to be saved over the project life
- £11K savings to the school electricity bills over the project life
Work with us
Adriano FigueiredoOperations Director