We are delighted to welcome Langtree school to our scheme, our first project to be installed in 2016. It is also our second largest school solar project to date, with two thirds of the project installed on the sports hall, and one third on their flat roof.
Langtree school have looked extensively at options to reduce their carbon emissions, and recently also installed a biomass boiler - and will be one of the first schools to have both of these technologies.
The school has also successfully attained an Eco Schools Bronze Award for their environmental activities working with their pupils.
Photos / map / Impact
- 103.68 kWp installed capacity
- 384 Solar panels
- 84,810 Annual generation (kWh)
- 20 year agreement to host Low Carbon Hub solar PV project
- 24% of the school's electricity needs met on-site
- 25% discount to the site on solar electricity purchased
- ZERO cost to the school for the term of the project
- 734 tonnes CO2 emissions to be saved over the project life
- £37K savings to the school electricity bills over the project life
Work with us
James OchiltreeProjects Manager