Championing community-owned energy across Oxfordshire
Low Carbon Hub is championing community-owned energy across Oxfordshire through our Community Grant Fund, which offers financial support for community energy activities in the county.
Any low carbon community groups based in Oxfordshire which become a member of the Low Carbon Hub CIC are eligible to apply for our grant funding. We have small grants of up to £500 available throughout the year, as well as a handful of large grants of up to £5000 which are awarded annually through a competitive process.
If you are part of a low carbon community group based in Oxfordshire, that is not yet a member of the Low Carbon Hub CIC, please contact us to find out how to join.
Community grant fund 2018-19
We were able to award four Low Carbon Hub community groups with a large grant in 2018-9:
- Low Carbon Oxford North for their healthy streets and active travel project
- Low Carbon West Oxford for their KidsCAN resources on how to communicate climate change effectively to children
- Sustainable Charlbury for their greener, healthier homes project
- Sustainable Kirtlington for their installation of solar PV panels on their village hall.
- ProjectHook Norton Community Housing With our population growing, we need to ensure we have enough homes for all. However, many new housing developments build homes which are not affordable for everyone, and which don’t take sustainability into account. Hook Norton Low Carbon are tackling this issue head-on in their own community, designing and developing a…