With the growing threat of COVID-19, we’d already made the decision to close our office at the Wood Centre for Innovation. However, we are continuing to work hard to fulfil our mission of a zero carbon energy system which is good for people and for the planet – we’re just doing it from home for the time being.
We’re still contactable by email and phone as usual – you may just need to bear with us as we get used to this new working environment.
Community responses in Oxfordshire
It’s a difficult time for many people, but we’ve already been seeing some brilliant community responses in Oxfordshire which are bringing us hope and joy, so we wanted to share some of them with you:
- Oxford Hub have launched Oxford Together on Coronavirus, asking healthy and low-risk people to volunteer to check on those more vulnerable and support them with tasks such as walking their dog, buying groceries, or putting the bins out.
- CAG Oxfordshire have put together a shared document to support community groups with their response to the pandemic.
- Oxfordshire Mind have advice on taking care of your mental health and wellbeing, especially coping with anxiety and dealing with self-isolation and home-working.
- The Oxford Collective are hosting a weekly virtual coffee morning each Monday, for people seeking community during tricky times.
- The Oxford Poetry Library are sending out poems for breakfast’ in an attempt to add some positivity into the daily headlines we’re all receiving.
- Project PT are running a virtual fitness class for children every weekday morning at 9am, via Facebook and Instagram live.
Keep up to date with our monthly newsletter
Now more than ever it’s important to maintain connections with the people, groups, and communities that you care about. You can stay up to date with all our latest news at the Low Carbon Hub by signing up to receive our monthly newsletter.
- News storyOver the past eight years, the Low Carbon Hub has more than trebled in size. At its smallest, our team consisted of 3 members of staff and we have grown to our current number of 16! We have also increased the number of our investor members to over 1000, a number which we hope will…Find out more