Our highlights for 2018
This time of year is a great opportunity to reflect and so we've picked out a few highlights of what we got up to this past year, all possible thanks to the help and support of our investor and community members and partners.
- We launched an exciting new opportunity to support community energy through the Community Energy Fund. Plus, it raised almost £800,000! Keep an eye out for the announcement of the 2019 target too, coming up in January.
- Record levels of green energy were produced by our solar panels this summer, covered in the Oxford Mail.
- Our second Social Impact Report was published - it showed the huge growth in our potential to generate clean electricity every year since 2011
- OxFutures II: The Next Generation was held – a conference that reflected on the successes to date of Oxfordshire’s low carbon economy and asked were we go from here
- We brought the LESS CO2 schools programme to Oxfordshire – a year-long series of workshops and peer support to reduce energy demand in schools
- The People’s Power Station had an upgrade to also include energy efficiency projects taking place in the county, our 'powering down' activity
- OxFutures, our European Regional Development Fund programme, had over 50 small organisations register for a free energy audits and have approved just under £250,000 in grant funding for energy efficiency measures and to support innovation projects
- We joined forces with an expert consortium of partners in a project called The Next Generation, a fund to develop new decentralised, decarbonised, and democratised energy business models.
- ONCORE Members were welcomed into the Low Carbon Hub family as we took on the solar PV arrays at St. Barnabas School and Cherwell School
We can't wait for what 2019 has to offer!