Don't miss the investment deadline of 31 July
Will you invest in a green energy future? Join us and put your money to work to tackle climate change.
How to Invest
- Read the Share Offer Document and supporting documentation
- Invest online through Ethex
- Download and complete this paper application form, returning it to Ethex
Deadline for all applications is midnight 31 July 2018.
Please note: Capital is at risk and returns are not guaranteed.
Share Offer DocumentDownload now
Supporting Documents to read
- Glossary of useful terms
- Paper application form -- if you'd like us to send you a copy, please get in touch at email@example.com or call us on 01865 246099
- Nomination to hold shares on behalf of children form -- please note we cannot process this form online. If you wish to hold shares on behalf of children, you must do this at the time of purchase.
We are creating energy that's good for people, and good for the planet.
- Earn up to 5% interest on your investment*
- Put solar panels on more schools and organisations across Oxfordshire
- 100% of our surpluses support further local action on climate change
Join hundreds of like-minded people and put your money to work to tackle climate change.
* capped at 4% for the first four years of investment
Watch our video
We asked our investors, members of our community groups, a teacher and student from our solar schools why they joined with the Low Carbon Hub. Have a look at what they have to say.
Minimum Investment: £250
Maximum investment: £100,000
Our 2018 investment target: £1,000,000
Who can invest?
Individuals over the age of 16, charities and other organisations may invest in this offer. You can also buy and hold shares on behalf of children.
How much can I invest?
We are offering £1 shares with a minimum investment of £250 and a maximum investment of £100,000. The maximum £100,000 includes any existing investment you may hold in the Low Carbon Hub IPS Limited, including any held on behalf of children.
What are the benefits?
The biggest benefit you receive as an investor Member is the knowledge that your funds are being used to support local action to tackle the global issue of climate change and, through that, you are making a tangible difference to the future of your community. In addition, we offer:
- Membership of the Low Carbon Hub IPS Limited
- A stake in a successful community energy enterprise with a proven track record
- Delivery of environmental and community projects resulting in local action on climate change
- Democratic voting rights, with one member, one vote, at our AGM
- Opportunity to elect the Board who govern the Low Carbon Hub IPS Limited
- The Fund has a target interest rate of 5% for each year following the fourth anniversary of your investment, and 4% per annum before that
- Interest accrued from the day your investment is accepted by the Low Carbon Hub IPS Board
- The right to apply to withdraw your capital from the fourth year of investment
- A regular opportunity to increase your support for community energy.
Can I get tax relief?
- Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS): The government ceased to provide relief to the generation of renewable electricity by community organisations in 2016.
- Personal Savings Allowance: The interest we pay counts as savings income. This means the interest you receive from your investment may qualify for tax relief under the Personal Savings Allowance. If you're a basic rate taxpayer you can earn up to £1,000 in savings income tax-free. Higher rate taxpayers can earn up to £500.
- Inheritance Tax benefit: If a Member dies more than two years after investing, the shares can qualify for 100% relief under Business Relief for Inheritance Tax because the shares are unlisted.
It is a really special feeling when you go out of your house, cycle to work and and you actually see projects in Oxfordshire that you helped to make happen.
It's helped us save money on our energy bills, but also the students in our school have learn more about the environment now that the solar panels are installed.
The Low Carbon Hub supports communities around Oxfordshire to make this work possible
Mim Low Carbon West Oxford
Whether its a large sum of money, or just a little bit, whatever you can manage will help real positive change happen in Oxfordshire.