Owen Mumford - Cotswold 3
This 50 kWp array is a newly constructed installation, completed at the same time as the 20 kWp extension, but instead providing 45,727 kWh to a different part of Owen Mumford's Cotswolds site.
In return for the use of its roof space the business saves on its annual electricity bill and avoids 66 tonnes of CO2every year by using the clean energy for their business operations.
The solar panels were funded through our oversubscribed 2014 community share offer, giving the company's staff and local organisations and residents the opportunity to own the installation.
The funds from the electricity generated give a return to the community who have invested in the panels, as well as helping reduce our hosts' energy bills and enabling future community-benefit projects. Find out more here!
Photos / map / Impact
- 50 kWp installed capacity
- 200 Solar panels
- 45,727 Annual generation (kWh)
- 20 year agreement to host Low Carbon Hub solar PV project
- 53% discount to the site on solar electricity purchased
- ZERO cost to the school for the term of the project
- 406 tonnes CO2 emissions to be saved over the project life
- £72K savings to the school electricity bills over the project life
This not only benefits Owen Mumford with lower electricity costs and reduced carbon emissions, but the nature of the Low Carbon Hub business model means that Owen Mumford will also be de facto supporting the roll-out of community renewable energy to schools, church halls and community centres across Oxfordshire.
Greg Webster, Environmental Steering Group at Owen Mumford
Work with us
Adriano FigueiredoOperations Director