Fir Tree Junior School
This project was installed early in 2015, our eighth school solar installation and our first in South Oxfordshire.
Located in Wallingford with over 200 pupils and staff, the school were very interested in the environmental impact, and the opportunity to share the project within the community.
The school already had a long environmental track record, achieving Bronze, and then Silver Eco Schools flags in recognition of their environmental commitment. The solar project is great addition to this.
Low Carbon Hub is very grateful to Sustainable Wallingford who helped connect us with the school, and were supportive throughout. Sustainable Wallingford had already conducted extensive solar surveys independently across the town, including an assessment of the solar potential of their schools.
Photos / map / Impact
- 34.5 kWp installed capacity
- 138 Solar panels
- 27,630 Annual generation (kWh)
- 20 year agreement to host Low Carbon Hub solar PV project
- 40% of the school's electricity needs met on-site
- 25% discount to the site on solar electricity purchased
- ZERO cost to the school for the term of the project
- 246 tonnes CO2 emissions to be saved over the project life
- £10K savings to the school electricity bills over the project life
Work with us
Adriano FigueiredoOperations Director